Over 30 Years of Successful Private Equity Investing in Industrial Business
American Industrial Partners (AIP) is a leading private equity investment firm based in New York City focusing on middle-market businesses in the industrial economy. Since 1989, AIP has been active in private equity investing, with a focus on purchasing and improving businesses located throughout the United States and Canada.
Get to Know the Private Equity Investment Partners at AIP
At AIP, the partnership group is diverse. Each partner’s background compliments another, comprised in total of industrial technology, financial, and operating expertise ranging across several areas. AIP seeks private equity investments only in businesses where the operating risks and opportunities fall under the expertise of the partners.
AIP has built great industrial businesses for over 30 years. Learn about our private equity investment strategies, criteria and philosophies, get to know our team, and review our portfolio of past investments to understand how we’ve been able to continually transform businesses throughout North America.
PRIVATE EQUITY INVESTMENT STRATEGY
- Industrial manufacturing or service businesses
- Operations in the United States or Canada
- Private or publicly held
- >$300 million of revenues and higher for platforms
- No minimum size requirements for add-ons
- Negative EBITDA to $250 million
- Control positions
- Opportunity to drive value through operational excellence
- Global revenue opportunity
- Enterprise value up to $2 billion
- Leveraged buyouts
- Complex carve outs
- Public to private
- Innovative refinancings
- Turnarounds (363, Article 9 and CCAA)
- Debt and Structured transactions